Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mango Streusel Bread



This is originally a recipe for blueberry muffins, but I changed it up by making it into a mango loaf. This bread comes out soft and moist just like a muffin. It reminds me of those ricotta muffins I made before.

3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup diced mangoes (feel free to use more, I used 1 mango)
1 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease & flour loaf pans. In large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, eggs and butter. Mix until flour is just incorporated. Do not over beat. Gently stir in mangoes. Pour half the batter into each pan. Top each pan with streusel. Bake for 40 minutes. Makes 2 loafs.

Streusel Topping:

1/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

2 tablespoons butter or margarine


For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs; sprinkle half over each loaf.

Recipe found online here and streusel recipe found here. See this also at Just Baking.

Print
Pin It!

5 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful! I bet the mango flavor is delicious!

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

Yay, I've been drooling over this on your flickr page and have been waiting for the recipe. Thanks so much for posting this. We love mangoes and this looks so delish.

Anonymous said...

I made this recipe today as I have an abundance of mangoes. My mangoes are very sweet so I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup and added 2 cups of chopped mangoes. Made muffins, cooked for 20 minutes and they are delicious! Thank you!

Post a Comment